Saturday 26 March 2011

Spring is Here

This is officially the first week of spring, when growth begins anew after the long winter rest, and it certainly seems like the local trees, at least, are raring to go. Wherever I look, I see sings of life, new leaves sprouting on branches that were bare only a few days ago.

Spring Trees
Click to enlarge
Naturally, I've been grabbing pictures whenever I've had the opportunity, and I'll be posting a few here over the next few days. This was one of the first spring tree pictures of the year, taken earlier in the week than the others and showing vigorous new growth set against a brilliant blue late afternoon spring sky. Oh, and a dove, I think, from the limited amount of it that I can see nestling amongst the branches - it was so well concealed that I didn't notice it at all when I took the pic!

PP